OQHA Congress NYATT Team
The National Youth Activity Team Tournament (NYATT) is the most popular youth event at the All American Quarter Horse Congress. It is the largest team tournament in the nation, bringing together nearly 63 teams and 374 youth from state and regional Quarter Horse associations across the country.
Each state and regional Quarter Horse association is responsible for gathering their own team. Teams may consist of 1-14 members competing in each of the NYATT classes. Division I Teams are teams that show in 8-14 classes. Division II Teams are teams that show in 1-7 classes. The classes that are part of the NYATT include Barrel Racing, Western Horsemanship, Hunt Seat Equitation, Hunter Under Saddle, Reining, Showmanship, and Western Pleasure.
Medallions are awarded to the top fifteen individuals in each class, with class winners receiving the coveted Don Bell All American Congress bronze trophy. Division I and Division II winning teams will also receive the coveted Don Bell All American Congress bronze trophy. To determine team standings, points are awarded for each individual’s efforts in every class, with first-place receiving fifteen points, second place receiving fourteen, and so on.
OQHA Qualifying Guidelines fOR NYATT
February 15, 2022 - July 31, 2022
- Current OQHYA member in good standing
- Attend at least 2 OQHYA board meetings between January 1 - July 1
- Place at a minimum of 3 OQHA approved shows
- Accumulate at least a total of 10 points in each class
- Points calculated on exhibitor’s 10 best shows during the qualifying period
- Must reside in Ohio or have an approved hardship on file with AQHA by May 1, 2022
These guidelines will follow current Ohio Quarter Horse Association points, rules and regulation as outlined in the current OQHA Official Rulebook.