Name: Lauren Carnahan
Interviewed by: Madison Scheiner
- Where do you live and with who?
I live in Bainbridge, Ohio with my parents, and sister, Claire.
- How did you get involved in horses?
When I was little my mom had a horse named Dakota that I would always go out and play with, and I just loved it. That’s what got me going and started my passion. The rest is history!
- What discipline(s)/class(es) do you show in and why did you choose that discipline or class(es)?
I show in the all-around classes. I choose to do the the all-around because, I love the challenge of doing all the different classes and the different components that go into each class.
- What would be impossible for you to give up? (something that's not horse related)
Something that would be impossible for me to give up is definitely Netflix.
- Tell us something that no one knows about you.
I have a double jointed thumb.
- Where can we find you when you aren't at a horse show?
If I am not at a horse show you could usually either find me at the barn I have at my house or playing volleyball.
- What do you see your future self doing?
I see myself riding on collegiate equestrian team, while pursuing my education to become a dermatologist.
- If you could ride any horse, who would it be and why?
I would love to ride Vital Signs Are Good, because she was such an amazing show mare, and has produced stunning foals.
- What is a goal that you want to accomplish during your time showing horses?
My biggest goal is to win the AQHYA World Show at least once in the Equitation.
- Who is your hero/role model?
My hero/role model is my mom. She always is there for me and has always made sure my sister and I have everything we need/want. She is so hard working and has allowed me to follow my dreams. My mom has always puts our needs before her own. That is why she is my hero.
- What is the biggest dream you have accomplished showing horses?
My biggest dream I have accomplished showing horses was getting third place at the AQHYA World Show in the Equitation.
- An accomplishment you have achieved outside the show arena.
I made honor roll both Freshman and Sophomore year!