Name: Emily Ambrose
- Where do you live and with who?
I live in Chardon, Ohio with my parents.
- How did you get involved in horses?
This is an interesting story. On the first day of kindergarten, I forgot my clothes for gym and I was very distraught. I was in tears, and then I went and sat next to a girl who was sitting far away from the rest of the class. She asked if we wanted to be friends, and the next week, I went over to her house because she had horses. That was when I was five, and I've been riding ever since.
- What disciplines/classes do you show in and why did you choose those disciplines/classes?
I show in the all around events, as well as ranch riding. I love the diversity of showing the all around and getting to show in many different classes.
- What is something non- horse related that would be impossible for you to give up?
It would be impossible for me to give up food and drawing- I’m very passionate about both of them.
- Tell us something no one knows about you.
No one knows that I’ve eaten a whole dinner box from Pizza Hut all by myself. It has cinnamon sticks, breadsticks, and a pizza.
- Where can we find you when you’re not at a horse show?
When I’m not at a horse show, I’m at the barn riding, which I used to do every day but now can only do four or five times per week since I’m in college. I can also be found at a delicious restaurant.
- What do you see your future self doing?
I see my future self in the business world after I graduate, and still showing horses.
- If you could ride any horse, who would it be and why?
If I could ride any horse, I would ride Not Just Anyhoo, who Beth Case showed last year.
- What is a goal that you want to accomplish during your time showing horses?
I would love to win the world show in the equitation or the showmanship, because those are my two favorite classes.
- Who is your hero/ role model?
Seth and Amber Clark, my horse trainers, are my role models because of their perseverance through all of the hardships of training horses.
- What is the biggest dream you have accomplished through showing horses?
So far, winning the L1 showmanship at the novice championship show with my horse, Ralph, has been my biggest accomplishment. This is special to me because he didn’t know showmanship when we bought him, and it took many years for him to get good at it.
- What is an accomplishment you have achieved outside of the show arena?
At the world show last year, I won all three placings in the drawing contest that they had.