1. Where do you live and with who?
“I currently live in Milan, Ohio with my parents, Eric and Michelle, and younger brother, Luke. My sister Madeline is attending college at FGCU in Fort Myers, FL and my brother Clay lives in Austin, Texas.”
2. How did you get involved with horses?
“My family has always had horses. Our family farm in Berlin Heights has boarded horses for over 30 years. I can’t imagine life without them! My mom used to compete on the AQHA circuit as a youth.”
3. What discipline/ classes do you show in and why did you choose that discipline or
“I compete in the All Around events (Horsemanship, Showmanship, Trail, Hunt Seat Equitation, Halter). I love being challenged and learning new things. The pattern classes allow me to improve my skills and connection with my horse. There is always something to work on and I enjoy practicing.”
4. What would be impossible for you to give up (something that is not horse related)
“It would be impossible for me to give up my afternoon naps.”
5. Tell us something that no one knows about you
“I am afraid of the dark and refuse to watch scary movies… Also I hold the record at Western Reserve High School for the number of blocks in a single basketball game (9 blocks) and also for a single season (111 blocks).”
6. Where can we find you when you aren’t at a horse show?
“When I am not at a horseshow, you can find me in the gym or at church.”
7. What do you see your future self-doing?
“I see myself working in a position related to equine health.”
8. If you could ride any horse, who would it be and why?
“A horse that I would love to ride is Harley D Zip in a Western Riding pattern because he is amazing.”
9. What is a goal that you want to accomplish during your time showing horses?
“My ultimate riding goal is to win a globe at the AQHYA World Show.”
10. Who is your hero/ role model?
“My sister Maddie is my role model. She inspires me every day to be the best I can be.”
11. What is the biggest dream you have accomplished showing horses?
“My biggest dream accomplished would be being named Congress Champion in 2013 (Showmanship 11 & under with Chip N Vester) and Reserve Congress Champion in 2015 (Novice Horsemanship 13 & under) with Good N Certain!”
12. An accomplishment you have achieved outside the show arena?
“I have been a starter on Western Reserve’s Varsity Basketball team since my freshman year. This past season I was also named First Team Firelands Conference and First Team All-District.”
Interviewed by Olivia Tordoff