Name: Marley Mainwaring
1. Where do you live and with who?
Marley lives in San Pedro, California with her mom, Mindie Maus.
2. How did you get involved in horses?
"My mom used to show when she was little, I also started taking lessons when I was little and my career and love for horses took off from there," Marley told me.
3. What discipline(s)/class(es) do you show in and why did you choose that discipline(s) or class(es)?
Marley competes in the All-Around events (Western Horsemanship, Showmanship, Trail, Western Riding, Western Pleasure) because that's what her mom started showing.
4. What would be impossible for you to give up?
As Marley told me, she wouldn't be able to live without her dogs. She wouldn't be able to give them up.
5. Tell us something no one knows about you.
If no one knew, not many people do, she said, but this talented rider is terrified of ladybugs.
6. Where can we find you when you aren't at a horse show?
Outside of showing you can find Marley at home with all of her friends.
7. What do you see your future self doing?
Marley wants to go to college and become a Substance Abuse Therapist.
8. If you could ride any horse, who would it be and why?
As Marley said to me "honestly mine, Tahnee is a once in a lifetime horse and one of the greatest horses I've swung my leg over."
9. What is a goal that you want to accomplish during your time showing horses?
Marley told me, her biggest goal is to receive a globe at the AQHYA World Show in the Western Horsemanship.
10. Who is your hero/role model?
"I would have to say my role model is my Grandpa. I look up to him, he is one of the best people I know and I hope to be like him," Marley explained.
11. What is the biggest dream you have accomplished showing horses?
Marley's dream is receiving a globe and placing in the Western Horsemanship was accomplished at the 2016 AQHYA World Show coming home with 7th, getting closer to that globe she desires. She also told me one dream that came true was when she first bought her once in a lifetime horse, Tahnee.
12. What is an accomplishment you have received outside of the show arena?
"I would have to say verbally committing to University of Georgia," as I was told by Marley.
OQHYA Media Committee - Interviewed by Millie Anderson