Member Service Coordinator
We are currently seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented team member to oversee member services and membership for the Ohio Quarter Horse Association and All American Quarter Horse Congress.
The member service coordinator is responsible for all tasks associated with the implementation of membership and member services.
A successful member service coordinator should have experience with a variety of office software (email, spreadsheets and databases) as well as basic administrative duties. This position will serve as a knowledgeable resource to members, leadership, and staff. The position also acts as the staff liaison to the Ohio Quarter Horse Youth Association and its members.
The member service coordinator receives direction from the CEO.
The member service coordinator will
- Develop and maintain association membership activities including recruitment and retention programs, and membership and points processing.
- Perform duties related to horse show management including but not limited to entry processing, exhibitor customer service, general horse show office duties
- Interact with members in a positive, welcoming and timely manner while providing timely, helpful, and accurate customer service including email, telephone and written communications
- Work closely with marketing department to develop membership materials
- Perform additional basic data entry
- Must have equine knowledge and experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines, printers, computers)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to function as part of a team
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Associate or Bachelor degree preferred but will consider comparable work experience
Job Type: Full-time
Please submit cover letter and resume by APPLYING HERE
The All American Quarter Horse Congress Media Intern will assist in all areas of marketing, public relations and community outreach.
- The intern must have excellent customer service skills to assist customers with ticket purchases within the Press Office and work alongside the Press Office Lead.
- Issuing press credentials, setting up media interviews and photo opportunities; helping with content for early morning live newscasts
- Will help with Congress events, meetings, and parties
- The intern may help prepare e-news, press releases, social media posts, website content, printed publications, ticket sales initiatives and promotions, and general press room duties
- The intern may also help maintain accurate records on marketing partnerships, press coverage and clippings, contracts and mailing lists
- Must be outgoing, motivated and detail-oriented with project management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to think on quickly, and work well under pressure
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills, proper phone etiquette, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media platforms, familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator are a plus. Photography skills are a plus
- Be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be able to commit to at least 24-32 hours per week from September 1st – October 29th
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and two work samples (photography and writing) to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14.