2017 All American Quarter Horse Congress Accepting Media Internship Applications
The All American Quarter Horse Congress Media Intern will assist in all areas of marketing, public relations and community outreach.
- The intern must have excellent customer service skills to assist customers with ticket purchases within the Press Office and work alongside the Press Office Lead.
- Issuing press credentials, setting up media interviews and photo opportunities; helping with content for early morning live newscasts
- Will help with Congress events, meetings, and parties
- The intern may help prepare e-news, press releases, social media posts, website content, printed publications, ticket sales initiatives and promotions, and general press room duties
- The intern may also help maintain accurate records on marketing partnerships, press coverage and clippings, contracts and mailing lists
- Must be outgoing, motivated and detail-oriented with project management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be able to think on quickly, and work well under pressure
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills, proper phone etiquette, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media platforms, familiarity with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator are a plus. Photography skills are a plus
- Be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate school
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Be able to commit to at least 24-32 hours per week from September 1st – October 29th
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and two work samples (photography and writing) to email@example.com by July 14.