2012 Congress Futurity Entry Materials Now Online
Entry materials for the 46th annual All American Quarter Horse Congress futurities and sweepstakes are now available. The 2012 Congress Futurity and Sweepstakes Entry Book will begin hitting mailboxes next week, but is also available online at www.oqha.com/aaqhc/entry/sweepstakes.
New Futurity for 2012
The All American Quarter Horse Congress is pleased to announce a new futurity for 2012: the Southern Belle Breeder’s Three-Year-Old Open Western Pleasure Futurity. The total entry fee is $2,000, with an estimated purse of $75,000, divided 40 percent to the open division and 60 percent to the limited open division. To be eligible, all horses must enter the NSBA Three-Year-Old Open Western Pleasure Futurity, as well as be offspring of a stallion that has sold in the Southern Belle Breeder’s Stallion Service Auction. Visit www.tsbelle.com for a current list of stallions. The first payment of $500 is due April 1st.
Held this year October 7-30, 2011 at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio, the 2012 Congress Futurity and Sweepstakes Entry Book contains information for the following classes:
- Coughlin NSBA Two-Year-Old Open Western Pleasure Futurity
- NSBA Three-Year-Old Open Western Pleasure Futurity
- Southern Belle Breeder’s Three-Year-Old Open Western Pleasure Futurity
- NSBA Three-Year-Old Non-Pro Western Pleasure Futurity
- Markel NSBA Maturity Open Western Pleasure Futurity
- NSBA Three-Year-Old Open Hunter Under Saddle Futurity
- Wenger Barrel Racing Sweepstakes
- Congress Pole Bending Sweepstakes
- NRHA Open Reining Futurity
- NRHA Intermediate Open Reining Futurity
- NRHA Limited Open Reining Futurity
- NRHA Prime-Time Open Reining Futurity
- Congress Amateur Versatility
Nominations for performance futurities (including Reining), sweepstakes and versatility, are due April 1st, 2012.
2012 Congress Stakes Classes
Entries for stakes classes are due August 25th, with regular entries. New stakes classes for 2012 include: NSBA Non-Pro Western Yearling Longe Line, NSBA Non-Pro English Yearling Longe Line, Open Yearling Halter Stallions Stakes (open and limited divisions), Open Yearling Halter Geldings Stakes (open and limited divisions) and Open Yearling Halter Fillies Stakes (open and limited divisions).
Questions should be directed to the Ohio Quarter Horse Association at 740-943-2346 or OhioQH123@oqha.com.